Well, after a bit of a misjudged afternoon (took kick plates off, discovered very distressing things, put kick plates back on – but did this all too late….making me late for doing stuff with my housemate, which made me late for..) the Morris Minor Meeting was cool, bizzarely they seemed never to have encountered a woman who does, uh, all her own maintainance…. and um…. seem to want me to give a talk on it. Ah well. We’ll see.
Tonight, all things being equal I shall finally make it to meet the local Morris Minor Owners Club. Technically I have no right to go out considering the appauling lack of work I’ve put in today. I’ve managed maybe 2 hours work through the day, I just don’t seem to really be able to get started.
No, another Nursing Times has arrived! This is unfair, I’ve not even *opened* the previous one! Nyargh.
So I’m meant to be working, but I’ve just reencountered this irritating bug with my favourite piece of software / my webbrowser. Just as I was e-mailing the support people for both applications I realised I should probably check for upgrades. Now, I’ve kept WebsterXL up to date, but Ov Pro appears to be marginally out of date.
Now…. do I upgrade and see if it cures the bug? Or do I wait until I’ve finished working…… I think we know the answer to that one!
It’s taken a long, long time; but finally the instrument panel is file’d, filled and just needs sanding. By which I mean, all the holes are the correct sizes for their instruments; all the surfaces are fairly flat….except one.
Having ‘designed’ it and measured it incredibly carefully (by my standards) – the instruments all fit (just, the clock/voltmeter/revcounter are *really* close, touching, actually – they were intended to be about 1mm apart. Heh, my metal working isn’t that good!) – but one thing which didn’t occur until I had the instruments sat there was that the one which extends past the curve of the dash…. it needs a bulge in the dash behind it otherwise it doesn’t look too stunning.
Never mind, it would have had to be filler anyway, or braze if the braze had worked…. but it didn’t and so filler it is. A few more happy hours and it should be dry and hard and then final sanding prior to priming and spraying. It’s really quite exciting :-)
The only problem, my hand is now sore and awaiting a blister I suspect from going at the metal with a file for hours.
So, back to uni next week. Only one itty bitty tiny teeny problem. I can’t get a timetable. Nor can I register with the Student Union. One week before term and the SU’s site is down for maintainance, *and* the timetable site isn’t working.
Go Uni! *sighs*
It’s a T603.
Not a 1969 T603-2, which would be ideal.
But it looks complete…
And, and, it wants to come home with me…
We at Showtime Online express our apologies; however, these pages are intended for access only from within the United States.”
I can’t believe I’ve just spent over 2 hours trying to get my sodding RISC PC to actually talk to my Linux box. SSH is apparently no longer working, nor will Samba, nor will NFS. In the end I actually resorted to using my webserver as a place to dump a zip file, so I could pull it off on the RISC PC. Why go through all this? Simply because I wanted to post something on drobe about the price ‘slashed’ Iyonix.
And I wanted to check that the most recent versions of my browsers still didn’t really handle, well, the internet, very well. Unfortunately, Netsurf proved to me that I’ve not been keeping my RISC PC up to date. It took a long time before I worked out why it wouldn’t load. WebsterXL is still as feckless as ever, but is faster I must admit.
I’m reminded, using my RISC PC, of both why I love and why I’m so frustrated by RISC OS – and why my RISC PC still sits on my desk. Anyway, having done all of this I went to post my comment…. and…. no login. I can’t seem to get a login for drobe, and I’ve forgotten my old one. *sigh*
I think it might be time for me to stop being a geek, I’m clearly no good at it anymore (oh, shush Emma). And yeah. Bed would be a good idea now.