I like Bernie but If Hillary wins the primary I’ll vote Hillary. I love y’all but if you let Christie or Trump become president because you wanted to throw a tantrum over Hillary winning primaries I will personally punch every other registered voter in the face. I had to suffer through eight years of a republican president I didn’t elect and I won’t do it again.
I’ll have at least four years to work my way through a punching list don’t think I won’t try it.
But Obama isn’t republican..unless you’re talking about a different president?
yes dear child, I was alive during the years 2000-2008, when President George W. Bush was president-elect. I don’t say this to be rude because you’re 16, and you don’t know, because you couldn’t have known, but now it is my faithful duty to tell you so you are informed as to why we (I) hate Republicans. You may not know him very well, but here’s a picture:
It’s an understatement to say that the Mission, was in fact, not accomplished.
He’s the guy that Obama replaced in large part because everyone hated George W. Bush. Why?:
- Despite extensive warnings of incoming threats, Bush took no action to prevent 9/11 from happening, leading several respectable political science scholars to indicate that Bush was at least partially responsible for the attacks actually occurring (if not wholly responsible for not preventing them)
- actually let’s remember that when he was immediately alerted to the attack, he continued to read a children’s story to elementary schoolers and then Air Force one and himself were gone for several hours after the attack.
- he turned an inherited budget surplus into a 1.2 trillion dollar deficit.
- a small deficit is one thing! 1.2 trillion dollars is NOT SMALL. Bill Clinton did have some part in the lead-up to a failing economy but Bush….Bush destroyed it.
- The entire 2008 collapse began while he was still in office and basically did nothing about it. This wasn’t just an American collapse. This was a world-wide financial collapse that happened because American banks were failing (in large part due to massive amounts of tax-cuts and de-regulation put forth by Bush!). It triggered a world-wide collapse. He was partially responsible for our country’s second great depression.
- He is 100% responsible for the mishandling of Hurricane Katrina and the guy Kanye West was referring to when he said “George Bush hates black people.”
- the war in Iraq, the war in Afghanistan, the “war on Terror”
- LAUNCHING WARS WITHOUT CONGRESSIONAL APPROVAL
- the entire existence of Guantanamo Bay
- the Patriot Act
- his own party wanted nothing to do with him in 2008
- heckuva job, brownie
- ….he literally stole the election in 2000
- pulled us out of the kyoto protocal to deal with global warming problems
- US troops given faulty, or unsafe gear
- Abu Gharib prison and all other crimes of war already mentioned here or not mentioned
- War profiteering! The list of top Bush administration officials whose former corporate employers made billions in Pentagon contracts starts with Vice-President Dick Cheney and Halliburton, which made $39.5 billion, and included his daughter, Liz Cheney, who ran a $300 million Middle East partnership program.
- cutting veteran’s health care benefits
- pardoning Scooter Libby
- cut and froze pell grants for poor students
- no child left behind act is the reason why you probably have to take those god forsaken dumb standardized tests for no real GOOD reason
- Reporters analyzing Bush’s record found that he took off 1,020 days in two four-year terms—more than one out of every three days. No other modern president comes close. Bush also set the record for the longest vacation among modern presidents—five weeks, the Washington Post noted.
- i could keep listing shit for days honestly but i won’t
suffice to say: George W. Bush is the worst president I lived through, he is the worst president in the last 50 years, and his blatant incompetence and failures are why the Republican party is rapidly devouring itself like a crazed ouroboros and might try to elect Trump. He is the reason why Stephen Colbert parodied the right as satire – why The Daily Show gained huge amounts of relevance, why the rest of the world hated us for a good eight years solid, why huge amounts of various civil and constitutional rights were literally eroded and denied to us, why we’re so in the debt hole even now, and why i registered Democrat when I turned 18, because honestly fuck the entire Republican party. Burn it to the ground and salt the earth.
Every. Damn. Word.
It’s really hard to explain how much the rest of the world disliked George W. Bush, because our journalism in the US was so “even handed.”
Let me put it to you this way. Barack Obama won a Nobel Peace Prize in 2009. He was nominated for the prize eleven days after he took office. Though the Nobel committee insisted that they would never award a prize to someone based on what they might do in the future… um. What? He had been president of the US for eleven days. He’d given a couple of speeches. Yes, they were really good speeches, but… it was weird! I mean, they had to know that we are the country with the most military power in the world and therefore the one most likely to be involved in any and all wars on the planet.
They gave the next guy one of the world’s most prestigious prizes for not being George W. Bush. So yeah, that was embarrassing.
Vote your ideal in primaries. Vote the lesser evil in the general. Always. Too many people will be seriously harmed by the greater evil if you don’t vote out of a fit of pique!
Sincerely, someone else who remembers Dubya goddamn Bush.
Comments Off on