Well, okay, it’s (poxy) epoxy resin. But I’ve started putting the bolts in.
It’s a slow process – cutting them down to size and drilling the hole, then cleaning the hole, then pumping in the epoxy before leaving it to set for three days. I’ve not yet had the nerve to tighten up any of these bolts, but I really should. There’s a bit of depth variation because I’m not very cautious about cutting the rods down to size. As long as they’re at least 10″ long I’m happy*.
We’ve also cleaned the North side of the house and started on wrapping the south end.
The weather was against us yesterday, though… so we couldn’t do the tyvek that goes above the black, which is a shame. We were hoping to get the house wrapped before our holiday, but that’s not looking that likely. The black lower strip we put on on Sunday; yesterday’s work was all inside instead.
So yesterday I finally turned on the water and astonishingly, there were no leaks. To be fair, the first time I turned on the water (just to our front garden tap) there was a leak, but that was because I had to reuse the nipple* from our old plumbing as the one I’d bought was too long (and we needed water). Having replaced that with a new one, there was no leak.
Of course, we’ll see how it looks when we get there today.
I also filled the under-floor section of the waste water side with water (per the city testing requirements)… it also didn’t leak. But I’m waiting to see if the joint fails. If the weather looks acceptable I’ll run up on the roof today and put a hose in the vent and we can then fill it for inspection.
Which has to happen before we go on holiday, because otherwise our permit will expire, which would suck.
…and we’ve started putting up ceiling joists in the small sections that have ceiling joists…
And lurking in the background are electrical boxes.
We’ve also booked in treatment for the beetles that are eating the posts, and for the mould that’s ruining the trusses…
It’s not quick, but it’s starting to creep towards being housey.
* For limited meanings of ‘happy’.
** Double ended threaded tube, used here to connect between the tap and the pipework.